Tuesday, October 21, 2008

PCI Europe Brussels visit

Today I visited the PCI Europe event in Brussels Belgium. An event aimed at companies that want to know more about PCI DSS compliance or perform a better job at it. It attracts merchants that need to be compliant, PCI DSS solution vendors, QSA security companies and many more.

It's a nice event where you'll learn something new about the PCI compliance everytime. My focus was to learn about solutions that can make my life and that of my colleagues a little easier. This time we arrived rather late because of an accident near Antwerp so we missed the first sessions. I have some nice papers of new solutions we might consider. So from that perspective it was good to be there.

My impression of the event that it's aimed at people who need to be convinced of PCI or are just starting. Not aimed at people that are already compliant and want to go a little more in-depth or technical. That's a miss I must say I'm quite sure there is need for such an event or sessions. We are now in the second year of being compliant and don't need to be convinced about it's need anymore. It has become a business need required by partners, acquiring banks and bigger merchants.

But I must admit each time I go I see more people. Not being compliant or starting. Weird or not? Maybe next year will be different since I expect lot of companies try to be compliant before the end of this year.

Let me know how you think about PCI.

No comments: